Aadhar Card Is Necessary For ITR Filing And PAN Card
Under the “Digital India” mission the Income tax department has made the aadhar card necessary for Income tax return filling. And that should also be linked to PAN card of yours. SO then only you can able to file your return. In formation is new PAN cards aadhar card is the identification proof as well as address proof.
Aadhar Is Needed For PAN Card Application
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has proposed e necessity of aadhar card for ITR in Parliament on Monday in the Finance Amendment Bill. This rule will be regulated and become effective from 1st July. Only Permanent Account Number (PAN) was mandatory for tax payers before this rule. Aadhar is also required for PAN card.
– According to the proposal, besides filing your income tax returns, Aadhar card will be essential while giving new application of PAN card preparation.
– The experts believe that the government has kept this proposal as an attempt to bring more and more people into the scope of tax.
GST (Goods and Service Tax ) is also another step to reveal the tax payers and reduce the fraud which to be done at the a=name of various taxes. That whole process is online which will lead to transparency.
PAN card will not be valid if not linked With UID
– According to this proposal, if the PAN card is not linked to your unique identity card means with aadhaar then it will be considered as invalid document. PAN Card is needed for basic financial transactions like salaries etc.
– Before that, the government has made the aadhaar card as compulsory document for various Welfare schemes which are started by Indian government.
– Aadhar card has been made already essential for facilities like Rural Employment Scheme and Direct Benefit Transfer.
CBDT said to the income tax department that for the partial relief the PAN card will be cancelled if anybody does not have aadhar number or enrollment ID for UIDAI database.
UID Is Important For Many Government Schemes
In past few days, the government has made the aadhar card compulsory document for getting free LPG connections under the Prime Minister Ujjwala Scheme. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Employees Provident fund, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and various other schemes for the welfare of society is required aadhar card.
Aadhar For Other Social Schemes
Not only this, the government had also decided to make aadhaar card required for Mid-Day Meals in schools, but later on government had to withdraw its decision. Apart from this, it has also been made compulsory for various scholarship schemes. The centre government has done for find the more taxpayers that reduce duplicity and fraud in the country.
Benefits will be available till the UID Is Available
– In the beginning of this month, the government has made it clear that those who do not have aadhaar card will not be deprived (वंचित) from getting the benefits of Social Welfare Schemes.
– Along with this, the government has says that if there is no UID, then it will be essential to show the aadhaar enrollment proof.
– These people will continue to get this facility and a related benefit till their UID is available with them.
– So far 1.12 billion plus UID cards have been provided by the Central Government.
You can also check various documents list with which aadhar is linked. So after taking this decision for making aadhar necessary for various documents especially for PAN card many people would not able to hide their income and came to light while all salary account will be revealed with their complete detail in front of income tax department. This will be necessary to link aadhar card with PAN card. So this is a good move taken by central government in the welfare of poor people.