Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana PMJDY Application Form
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana || PM Jan Dhan Yojana || PMJDY Application Form || PMJDY Account Opening Form || PM Jan Kalyan Yojana
The Complete Information of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana – Download PMJDY Account Opening Form Hindi/English
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) is the scheme announced by honorable Prime Minister of India Sh. Narendra Modi on his first independence speech on 15th August 2014. But PMJDY was launched on 24th August 2014. This scheme aims at benefiting the people living in rural as well as in urban areas; those who are deprived of being benefited from various government policies related to finance or banking. Such people are targeted to avail banking services such as savings & deposit bank accounts which will directly help them to have the advantage of all the government financial policies. Access to these accounts has been made so easy for everyone so that anyone can make use of it to the fullest and in an easy way.
A record has been set as 1.5 crore i.e. 15 million accounts were opened on the inauguration day under this scheme. Guinness book said “Most bank accounts opened in one week as part of Financial Inclusion Campaign is 18,096,130 and was achieved by the Department of Financial Services, Government of India from August 23 to 29, 2014”. As per financial services, by January 2016 a target of opening 7.5 crore accounts under this scheme was set which later on increased to 10 crore but figures increased pretty well and crossed the target and as many as 11.5 crore accounts have been opened covering 99.74 percent of households.
In order to push the scheme, Prime Minister personally mailed to the Chairmans of all PSU banks to invite account opening applications from all the household people and each account was declared as a national priority.
So as to make it easily available for each and every person eligibility criteria is kept simple. The only criteria kept for being eligible for Jan Dhan Yojna is any Indian citizen who is above 10 years of age having no bank account can have a valid bank account under this scheme and can avail the advantages decided by Government of India.
- Aadhaar Card: as this card has become the most important identity proof, availability of this card only is sufficient to open an account under this scheme. But, if your address has changed, self certification of the current address is required.
- In case of unavailability of AADHAAR Card, any of the below given officially valid documents will be required: Driving license, PAN card, voter ID card, passport or NREGA card.
- Else, even if the above mentioned documents aren’t available too, an ID card with applicant’s photograph issued by Central/state government etc. is acceptable.
- Letter issued by gazette officer beholding the duly attested photograph of the applicant.
Advantages Of Jan Dhan Yojana
There are many advantages of this scheme which can highly do well to the people who will link to it. Basically, financial advantages are there but not only financial advantages a person will also get mental satisfaction if a person is having a account under this yojna. Various advantages are as follows:
- Rather than maintaining a minimum balance in your account Government has decided to provide the benefit of zero balance to the account opener under this scheme. Now the account holder who is having account under this scheme need not to maintain any minimum balance and can avail all the benefits at zero balance. A RuPay debit card will be provided for emergency transactions.
- Account holder will be provided with the advantage of accidental insurance of Rs 1 lakh. In case of any accidental miss-happening the account holder can seek the help of insurance fixed by Government of India.
- Everybody cannot afford a Smartphone so it is made user friendly. Most required services such as transfer of funds, checking available balance in your account can be done from your normal phone. This has been made possible with the help of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) who introduced the new technology of managing your account with simple phones, and hence no Smartphone is needed.
- Mobile banking is also made easier as all the telecom companies and banks have come together. And it is made available through National Unified USSD Platform (NUUP) to the poor people.
- After successful completion of six months, account holder becomes eligible to avail the loan benefit of Rs.5000 overdraft by the bank.
- Easy access to Pension & insurance products.
- Easy money transfer across India and the account holders get Direct Benefit Transfer in these accounts.
- Under this scheme, beneficiaries get a life time cover of Rs. 30,000/- payable on death of beneficiary but, these are subject to fulfillment of certain eligibility conditions.
Till date this Yojna, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna, has been proved to be a progressive step taken by the Government of India in improving the financial access and to make it universal. And it’s easily available to those who were facing problems due to rare availability of banking services.